If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin
Come in...come in...
~Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day...

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was lots of fun. Everyone was very happy with all their stuff. It was a smaller Christmas than normal, but it didn't even matter. Me and my daughter Kassidy built an awesome gingerbread house, which we do every year.

 And Jace (my grandson) loved every single toy he got and ate way too much candy. At one point, he was eating candy in my bedroom and I asked if he wanted to go out to the living room. His response was, "No. I can't go out there yet because my mommy said I'm not allowed to eat this." haha...Jace is very articulate and sneaky for a two year old.

My two oldest daughter, Caity and Meggie, were awesome and got me and their dad a giftcard to Olive Garden and the movies, along with some clothes and stuff. Such good kids.

My awesome kids and grandson
 My son--Chance-- got the video games he wanted, plus quite a few shirts that all had zombies on them in one form or another, which pleased him immensely. It was definitely a zombie sort of year. haha. And Kassidy, my  mermaid-obsessed girl, loved the mermaid mobile I made for her.

Plus, we found out that Chance got the lead roll in our community theater's production of Our Town. He just got done doing "A Christmas Carol", which is all teenagers. Our Town is the adult production. The theater director saw Chance in A Christmas Carol and thought he was so good she called and asked him to take the roll of George Gilbert, which was really cool.

As for me, I got an extremely amazing Dark Tower T-shirt, along with a shirt that reads,  "Stephen King rules" and a "Overlook Hotel" t-shirt. haha. I think my kids know I like Stephen King.

I gave my husband this very-fitting T-shirt:

haha...this is SO him!!
And, all in all, it was an awesome day that ended with eating too much dinner and sleeping twelve hours straight. haha Today everyone is caught up in playing video games, so I'm going to catch up on some writing. How about you guys? What did you do for Christmas? Did Santa bring you what you wanted?

18 comments:

  1. I Love the husband's T-shirt!!!! This was the first year Tony and I didn't use a list... so I spent a few hours today exchanging, but all and all there were more "hits" than "misses". My pillow is fabulous, and for only $20 (Kmart) there's not much guilt involved. :) This is the first X-mas vacation I have spent home with the kids in 10 years and so far Youngest has split his lip on his front teeth, Oldest is making me crazy, and I can't seem to get motivated.

    Probably has something to do with eating my weight in fudge. TOMORROW I will either be on the treadmill or the elliptical. I swear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got a chance to do some working out and that the kids are no longer driving you crazy!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, congratulations Chance, on the lead role and the zombie t-shirts! I've seen zombie slippers out there, which also look like fun. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet kids you have :) I had an awesome dinner with my brother and son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tamara .. that sounds like a fun time was had by all - clever grandson to know he can get away with things with you!! Love your gingerbread house .. and how wonderful Chance is in both productions - that's great for you all ...

    It's family time isn't it .. we had a great Christmas Day .. sadly colds have wandered in and beds were taken to ... but we're older .. and no kids - more worried about the venerable!

    Have a very happy 2013 - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely family! It sounds like you guys didn't have a dull moment, and won't have either :)
    My son claimed he wasn't going to eat much chocolate (not 'healthy' food), but every time I turned around, he was stuffing a peice in his mouth. When I reminded him of what he said, he'd just smile and say 'only 1 peice'. Those 1 peices sure added up!
    Have a blessed 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why yes, Santa did bring me what I wanted ;-) Glad you had a good Christmas too. I can't find you on Twitter but I wanted you to know Thursday's Children is ON, though we know some people will be too busy to participate. Also I switched to blogging on WordPress and am having technical difficulties so the Linky List is on my old blog (or Kristina's).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year we got a gingerbread house kit (in a box) with four little houses, one for each kid and one for me in theory. They were so difficult to assemble - I've never been so frustrated. We ended up finishing two and tossing the rest. I know we will always say, "Remember that time we tried to make tiny houses...." Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very cool your son got the part in the play! That must be very exciting!!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! And your grandson is so cute! I;m glad yours went so well!
    Merry late Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a handsome family you've got there. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. We did too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a great Christmas! That Overlook t-shirt sounds awesome, =3 ...Congratulations to Chance on getting that role! It was a good Christmas around our place as well, and now it's that nice aftermath where you start putting everything away and getting to use some of what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That gingerbread house looks awesome!

    Gotta like zombie shirts. I should've gotten some for my husband. It sounds like you had a really nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas!! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

    I got what I wanted — a beard trimmer. Now I can FINALLY clean up my writer's beard ;)

    Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could do that - sleep 12 hrs straight.
    Yes Santa got me more than what I had asked for - an I Pad !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a great Christmas! I didn't really have anything in mind for what I wanted, and that was reflected in what I got...some random stuff that I like, but nothing super cool. But I got to have fun buying my kids tons of cool toys and watching them open them, all excited. That's what I was really looking forward to for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great t-shirt! sounded like you had a wonderful christmas, tamara!! cute adorable kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the flu - but fortunately, that didn't hit until the day after Christmas! I did get a VCR to DVD recorder so that we can get rid of the last remaining VCR tapes in our house.

    Ever been to the real Overlook Hotel, Timberline Lodge? It's on the way to the ski slopes on Mt. Hood in Oregon. No hedge maze, but the exterior is identical.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww. You had a wonderful Christmas! The Overlook Hotel T-shirt sounds cool. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone! Thanks for the comment. :)