If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin
Come in...come in...
~Shel Silverstein

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Liebster Award....

So, Tammy Theriault presented me with the Liebster Blog Award, which you can only get if you have less than 200 followers. :) That's me! Make sure you check her blog out guys!! And thanks, Tammy!

So, the Liebster Blog Award Rules are

Answer the blogger's eleven questions. 

Think of eleven questions of your own

Choose eleven worthy bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers) to pay it forward. 

Now, onto the questions she asked...

1. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be and why? I would want a pegasus pony, because who doesn't want a flying horse.

2. Where would you travel to just so you could use it as a location in a story? Ever since reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I fell in love with Prague. I think it would be awesome to set a story there. 

3. Before you start writing, do you have a routine you do? Yes. I need my frappe beside me, which means I bug my husband until he makes it for me. Then I'm happy. 

4. If you could interview one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Walt Disney. 

5. If you could design anything what would it be? Ummm...counterfeit money that would pass as real? haha...just kidding. Maybe. 

6. Pretend you won 1 million dollars and you were giving half to charity--which would you pick? If I had half a million dollars I'd start my own charity. I'd buy a big huge house out in the country on a bunch of acres with a barn. And then I'd take in foster kids and abused dogs, cats and horses. The kids would have to care for the animals. I'd also have a small cafe on the property where we sold homemade goods, crafts, etc...I'd do my best to help the kids become self-sufficient. When they got old enough to "age out" of the foster system, they'd be welcome to stay as long as they worked. Sorry for the long answer. This was a dream of mine forever until I realized I wasn't a millionaire. 

7. What was your favorite subject in school and why? Language Arts because we got to do a lot of reading and writing--but I HATED the grammar part. Sentences are for enjoying, NOT dissecting. 

8. If you had to pick a person that impacted or changed you perspective, who would it be and what was it that they said or did?  This one is easy. When I met my husband, we were both very troubled kids. We pulled each other out of it and went on to become functioning (somewhat) adults. He's impacted my life more than anyone, and I'm grateful for him every day. 

9. Do you have a favorite line from a movie that you tend to use? Everyone in my house quotes movies all the time. I tend to yell, "MARC! THE MEATLOAF" whenever I want something. (Will Farrell--Wedding Crashers) But, that being said, my favorite all time line in a movie (even though I never say it) is: The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.~Moulin Rouge


10. Remember boardgames? Which were you the best at? I was never a board game person but I like Disney Trivial Pursuit. 



11. What is your favorite music video...you know, when they used to be popular? Hmmmm...tough one. I haven't watched these in ages, but my daughter shows me all of Taylor Swifts. Love Story is adorable and so is You Belong with Me. 







Okay...now I have to think of eleven questions for the next people. 

What is your favorite month of the year? 

What's the number one most played song on your iPod?

Name three writers you admire and tell us why. 

If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you want to be? 

What is one of your favorite quotes? 

What chore do you hate doing? 

If you could throw any kind of party (money is no object) what would it be? And for who?

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would you stay?

If you could have any talent in the whole world, which one would you choose?

Which superpower would you pick if they were up for grabs? 

If you had to change your first name, what name would you want? 

And now, for the blogs I'm awarding it to...you guys should check these out and drop by to say hi! 







32 comments:

  1. I loved your answers! Hilarious stuff, especially the pegasus. I had to laugh out loud on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, I had fun answering your questions!

      Delete
    2. Tammy, i have been trying to visit you and my ipad cant pull up your site! i think its the google plus. could you email me the direct link? taratylertalks at gmail dot com =)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Liebster! And that's a great line from Moulin Rouge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's such an awesome movie. One of my faves.

      Delete
  3. MA...Meatloaf! hahaha One of my favorite lines. :)

    Thanks so much for the award!!! I'm excited to answer your questions and to pick out 11 blogs. :)

    xoxo
    Sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Sus! Hope you have fun with it!

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers and your new bog background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That charity idea is really great. If I get half a million dollars, I'll fund your charity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever hear that you've won half a mill, I'm going to hold you to that!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! And that charity idea is great. Don't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always in the back of my mind...maybe someday.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful charity!

    Lovely blog, nice to be a follower now, and all do Rhiann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow, Yolanda. Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  8. Your charity sounds wonderful =) ...and we are always quoting movie lines, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...my daughter has a movie quote for everything. :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the award! I also love your charity idea. I hate to admit this, but I love to dissect sentences...I know...such a nerdy thing to say ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I should've known you when I was in school! I could never dissect the damn things. It just bored me too much to listen to the rules. hehe

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the award.

    I've been to Prague and it really is a very atmospheric place. Although I was 7 months pregnant (and I kept being reminded of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) so I didn't appreciate it as much as I would have done if I hadn't been pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being pregnant during anything always kind of dilutes the experience. I have five kids, so it feels like I spent my entire twenties pregnant. I know exactly what you mean. But, that's awesome that you were able to visit Prague--even if it did remind you of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. haha

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the award! I really enjoyed reading all your info. And the blog looks great all decked out for Halloween Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun changing it and I LOVE Halloween!

      Delete
  12. Okay, when I am. Millionaire I will give you the money to start your fabulous home/haven cafe. It's such a beautiful dream. I want to start a safe creative place --therapy for addictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an amazing idea as well. When the kids from my ranch grow up, I'll get them to go work at your therapy place. :)

      Delete
  13. Adore MOULING ROUGE, it is my fave film of all times :) Althought I feel very sorry that director's original idea to give Catherine Zeta Jones the lead role wasn't fulfilled :( She and Ewan would've been the greatest couple in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea anyone else was ever up for that role. I have to admit, I thought Nicole Kidman was the perfect Satine. Did you see Catherine Zeta-Jones in Rock of Ages? That movie got crappy reviews but I thought it was super cute. :)

      Delete
  14. awesome answers, esp pagasus!! and walt disney! love to know a fellow disney fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Disney!! I've always been super into anything Disney, my house sort of looks like it was decorated by a five year old. haha. And Pegasus was one of my fave Disney animals. He was so cute. Although I also love Max from Tangled. :)

      Delete
  15. Awesome! I love this piece and your answers! And thank you SO much for awarding it to me! I'm honored! :P

    oh, and I totally agree with you on this one. Flying horses for the win!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jolene! :) Hope you have fun with it.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for the award! I'm gonna get on this tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone! Thanks for the comment. :)