If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin
Come in...come in...
~Shel Silverstein

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pitch Live...and Express Yourself Weekly Meme

Hi guys!

HERE IS MY PITCH LIVE ENTRY  If you want to vote for me, I'm #38. Just leave a vote in the comment section HERE

So, I did it. I pulled up my bootstraps and entered Pitch Live. Honestly, this last couple weeks has been crazy. I just got back in from my nephew's wedding on Thurs. morning. Coming off the seventeen-hour car ride, I slept all day Thurs.  On top of that, I caught the stomach flu while in PA (did I mention I missed the wedding I drove seventeen hours to see?). That's a cartoon of me, and YES, I do vomit rainbows. So, I was still recovering from all of that when I ended up watching my two-year old grandson the entire weekend.

So, why did I enter Pitch Live on top everything else? haha. Pretty much just cause I'd made up my mind I was going to and I'm ridiculously stubborn. I'm not gonna lie. Because of the crap I already named, I ended up with hardly any time to work on this.  In the end, I just did the best I could. I don't think I'm going to win any Oscars, but I hope you guys like it! :)

Just in case anyone is wondering what I'm sitting in front of in the video, it' supposed to be Trillua.  I actually picked weeds from my yard, painted them blue (the grass in Trillua is blue) and glue-gunned all of them to the purple "sky"" behind me. I also painted the ThriceMoon on my sky but, unfortunately, my camcorder broke--which meant I had to film this with an iPHone, so I wasn't able to pan out and get a cool shot of my ThriceMoon. Sniff.

I figure since you can't really tell in the video that I actually took a lot of time putting it together, I'd at least write about it. haha. And, lastly, sorry the video keeps brightening and fading. My poor husband tried SO hard to figure out how to fix that, but the video editing software was screwing up and it was after four am and I made him stop and come to bed with me. So, that's my story of Pitch Live...


And, really quickly before I go, it's time for the Express Yourself Weekly Meme. This weeks question is:

What language do you want to speak and why?

The answer to this is so obvious I'm not sure why anyone is asking. What is the one language everyone wants to learn? I'll give you some hints. Knowing it makes you seem way more:

1.) intelligent.
2.) poetic
3.) enlightened
4.) inspired
5.) visionary

What's the one language you could speak that can do all that????



    If you answered correctly, I'm proud to call you my friend

24 comments:

  1. Oh I never even thought of elvish, great answer! It certainly would be an interesting language to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. It's funny, my whole family answered Elvish when I asked them this--before they saw the answer on my blog. I think we are all weird.hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh, well, now arn't we getting all LOTR on us. I didn't even think fictionary here. Crap! Well done, Tamara, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I am so jealous of your pitch live entry! You did a great job! And you have a cute pup! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. And I saw that you were one of the judges on the Ghostly Blog Hop. I'm so excited that I won!! Totally made my day!!

      Delete
    2. I have had to hold my tongue for a week! It's been hard! Congrats, I absolutely loved your story. :D

      Delete
  4. Sorry you got sick, but at least you got your pitch together. And I guess speaking Klingon just makes one look tough. Probably geeky as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the language you were describing was Latin! I've never read LOTR, since I stay away from books surrounded by massive amounts of hype, but I may finally crack and attempt it, since it has been around for a long time and isn't just a recent fad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually assume books with massive hype have it for a reason, and I want to read them to find out why. Although--every now and then, I'm annoyed by a book and won't read it. Like the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I have NO clue why those were so hyped. I tried them and couldn't get through the first book. But, that's why there are a million stories/writers--so that everyone can find something they love, right?

      Hope you enjoy LOTR!

      Delete
  6. Great video! I commented on your YouTube channel :)

    Also, here's a great article that I wanted to share with you. It's from Agent Carly Watters and it's all about self-editing. Some great pointers in there for any unfinished or nearly-finished manuscripts!

    http://agentcarlywatters.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/self-editing-knowing-how-to-listen-to-your-gut/


    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the article John! And I commented on yours too. You did a really great job with it! :)

      Delete
  7. Stomach flues would be better if we all vomited rainbows. I hope you survive the insanity and have fun, I mean, once the flu is gone. I don't know how one can have fun with the flu...unless it does involve rainbows.

    I like your pitch! I think it would be a bit of a bummer though, falling to earth. Earth can be kind of boring...though if music is banned in your world, maybe earth would be okay.

    Thanks for the award!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jack. I'm actually feeling much better. Finally. And yes, I think it would suck to land on Earth. I mean, in my book Trillua sounds much better. BUT, oddly enough, you hit the music thing dead on. They have music in Trillua, but barely. There's not music the way we know it. It's all very old-fashioned. So, when Luc comes to Earth, one of the things he loves is the music. :)

      Delete
  8. Love your blog! Your pitch was great. This story sounds like it would be on the top of my stack of books. I 'd love to read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaawww, that's really sweet. Hopefully one of these days it will be a book! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Great choice! I was thinking fairies *hides face* ...does that count? :/
    I hope you feel better soon and thanks for participating in the meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fairies would be an awesome choice. Elves, fairies...it all works, right?

      Delete
  10. Love the pitch! You have such great energy and you go through it with so much confidence!


    One small (unrelated) criticism: I'm going blind trying to read the red text on the orange background, here. My Eyes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I CANNOT figure out how to change the color. I can change the damn text color on EVERYTHING but the text in the posts. It's quite annoying. I messed with it for like an hour one night. Maybe I should change the orange though, just thought of that. haha Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
    2. P.S. So, I just went to try to change the background color and the first thing that came up was Page Text, which was NOT on the blog the other night, so obviously something was malfunctioning. Anyway, I changed it super-easily this time and it's much better now, so I'm glad you pointed it out. :)

      Delete
  11. Terrific language choice :) And congrats on your live entry. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever! I chose Klingon, but I give you a round of applause or Elvish!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone! Thanks for the comment. :)